Monday, October 3, 2011

The area of contradiction that I chose in "When I was a Slave" is..."It was really worse on dem dan it was with dem what wan't free. De slaveowners, dey just despise dem "free niggers" and make it just as hard on dem as they can. Dey couldn't get no work from no body..."

This states that basically even though the slaves were Free, they really weren't.The area of contradiction that I chose in "When I was a Slave" is..."It was really worse on dem dan it was with dem what wan't free. De slaveowners, dey just despise dem "free niggers" and make it just as hard on dem as they can. Dey couldn't get no work from no body..."

This states that basically even though the slaves were Free, they really weren't.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Michelle, I am extremely confused on what you have written for the blog assigment. As a writer, writing for an audience It is important to include context, a good question to keep in mind Will be Who am I writing to? When using a passage introduce the book and person you Are talking about. Also when using a direct quote it is important to cite it because as a reader I have no idea where the quote is coming from for example to do this is "quote" quote material of your own words then (author, page) and then tell the reader what he or she needs to know why is it important. I would of loved to hear more about the argument you have for this quote. I am interested in knowing how come you mention the quote two times?it was quite confusing. I would suggest to revise your blog and give us more of a summery and give us your point of view more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For next time I would consider re reading your blog and check of if the assignment is complete as indicated by the professor. I hope I gave you a good constructive criticism for your next assignment thank you Ana.

    ReplyDelete